Wednesday, October 19

Life at Ft. Bliss

When I was thinking about coming to live on or near a military base I really had no idea what to expect. I thought all I would see was tanks driving around everywhere and that it would be like living in a little village guarded from the outside world. Well, if you live on Ft. Bliss, then that happens to be exactly what it's like!

A military base is a really cool thing. Not somewhere I would want to live but it's cool. It does have a little village inside of 24-7 guarded walls. There are gates all over post that you have to drive up to, and show an ID card to gain entry. It was very safe. So safe in fact that the alcohol limit on post is only a .01... meaning you can probably have one beer with food over a 2 hour period. I was waiting for Andrew the other night while he was on a 24 hour shift and I decided to wait at Freedom Crossing, and take some pictures to show what life is like here for us in Texas {military style}

The PX is pretty much like a giant food court attached to a market, sort of like a mall just minus clothing shops. Inside the actual PX is a store better then Walmart and Target combined. It is more like a super target, with a Nordstrom cosmetic area, and a slew of other counters where you can buy things like Coach bags, Michael khors, Victorias Secret clothing.. it's nuts! I love it. In the food court area they have everything you could want. Including some places unique to just Ft. Bliss. They also have stands for things like eye brow threading and other neat stuff.

Outside the PX in Freedom Crossing {the mall on post} there is a bar, a B dubbs, a liquor and wine store, a grocery store {where everything is tax free and at great prices}, a barber shop, a fed-ex, and a couple other stores that sell things like military clothing yada yada! I decided that this would be something cool to share, people often have no idea what a military base is like, I know I didn't! But to be honest it's just like living normal life. Everything is provided that you need and everything is guarded safe.









Welcome to Ft. Bliss
HOOAH.


No comments:

Post a Comment